When we first started talking to you about Power in the Valleys it felt like your ideas had a long time to wait before they could become a reality. Since then 3000 ideas and comments have been submitted, they’ve been reviewed and have helped to generate more ideas, more focused thinking and have been compiled into an inspiring ‘Vision’ for the Pen y Cymoedd Community Fund. The Fund will become available in late 2016/early 2017, so the time is fast approaching when people interested in delivering the Community’s ‘Vision’ can apply for support from the Fund.
How to get involved
Some of you have already registered your interest in this next phase and have visited us at one of our drop in sessions. We will be holding further drop in sessions in the Autumn and will be in touch about these closer to the time. If you haven’t already, please register your interest here.
Over the summer period take some time to read the Pen y Cymoedd Community Fund Prospectus and find out how you can get ready for the Fund now. The Prospectus contains the following information:
- The Community’s ‘Vision’ and how it will be delivered
- The Fund’s way of working
- The two tiers of funding and thinking about which one is best for you
- What comes next and how to scope your project
- What could go wrong according to the Community
- Resources to help you plan your project, write a business plan or expand the enterprise that will help work towards delivering the Community Vision
- Some ideas about where you might go to find match funding for your project
If you think you can help to deliver a small aspect, or a more ambitious part of the Community’s Vision, you should be getting ready to present a compelling case for winning the support of the Community Fund! Download your copy of the Prospectus here.
The Independent Body
In the Autumn we will be recruiting the Board Members for the Independent Body who will manage the Fund. More details on this will follow soon.