Last week our civil contractors Jones Bros Balfour Beatty picked up a Gold Award at the Considerate Constructors Awards Ceremony.
Construction sites, companies and suppliers voluntarily register with the Scheme. The main areas of concern fall into three categories: the general public, the workforce and the environment.
Jones Bros Balfour Beatty have done some fantastic work in representing us since February 2014 including:
- regrading publicly used community lanes
- introducing the ‘wave hello, wave goodbye’ scheme for public users of the site
- creating a nature trail at Pen Pych Primary School
- hand building a yurt for school pupils to enjoy
- Working closely with our communications team to allow them to sustain their ‘keeping you informed’ approach
- Supporting site visits where 600 people came to see the construction of the wind farm with their own eyes
The bulk of their work is already complete and reinstatement works will be ongoing until July when Jones Bros Balfour Beatty expect to demobilise from site. Thank you for your support and congratulations!